short course Sudipto Banerjee

Il giorno 20 Settembre 2005, dalle ore 9.30, presso la Sala Seminari del
Dipartimento di Statistica "G. Parenti" - Universitą di Firenze,
Sudipto Banerjee (University of Minnesota, USA), terrą un corso di una
giornata dal titolo:
"Hierarchical Modelling for Spatial Data Analysis".

Abstract:
In this course we will describe hierarchical modelling methods
for spatial data analysis. We will begin by describing different
types of spatial data: point level, areal and point-process. We will
concentrate on the geostatistical and areal modelling, starting with
a brief presentation of exploratory methods and moving on to more
sophisticated modelling. We will discuss some formal modelling
concepts that underlie areal modelling (such as the conditional
autoregressive modes - CAR) and also develop theory and methods for
both univariate and multivariate spatial response data - both in
point-level and areal settings. Our discussion will include some
advanced topics such as spatially varying coefficients models,
coregionalization models and directional derivative processes.
Computer implementation for different models via WinBUGS and R
will be described throughout the course as appropriate.
Although, the basics of spatial statistics will be covered briefly,
knowledge of Bayesian statistics will be assumed. Most of the material
for the course will come from our recently published book:
"Hierarchical Modeling and Analysis of Spatial Data",
by Banerjee S,Carlin B.P. and Gelfand A.E. (Chapman and Hall/CRC Press, 2004).

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Emanuela Dreassi
Department of Statistics "G. Parenti"
University of Florence
Viale G.B. Morgagni, 59
I 50134 Florence Italy
home page: www.ds.unifi.it/dreassi
email dreassi@ds.unifi.it

NOTA:
Le norme per utilizzare il forum SIS e le istruzioni per iscrizione
e cancellazione sono disponibili all'indirizzo
.
.   http://w3.uniroma1.it/sis/forum.asp
.
L'archivio di tutti i messaggi (aggiornato al giorno precedente)
e' disponibile all'indirizzo
.
.   http://www.stat.unipg.it/cgi-bin/wilma/sis/
.