AVVISO DI SEMINARIO

        A V V I S O di S E M I N A R I O

        Nell’ambito del dottorato di ricerca in Statistica Economica, il
        Prof. Shlomo Yitzhaki
        Dept. of Economics, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem
        terrà un seminario dal titolo:

        GINI'S MULTIPLE REGRESSIONS

        Il seminario avrà luogo:

        VENERDI' 20 MAGGIO 2005
        ALLE ORE 10.30 IN AULA DE MEO
        TERZO PIANO DELLA FACOLTÀ DI SCIENZE STATISTICHE,
        UNIVERSITÀ DI ROMA “LA SAPIENZA”

        ABSTRACT

Two regression methods can be interpreted as based on Gini's mean
difference (GMD). One relies on a weighted average of slopes defined
between adjacent observations and the other is based on minimization of
the GMD of the errors. The properties of the former approach are
investigated in a multiple regression framework. These estimators have
representations that resemble the OLS estimators, and they are robust,
both with respect to extreme observations and with respect to monotonic
transformations. Moreover, the use of Absolute Concentration Curves
enables one to graphically investigate the monotonicity of the
regression curve. The asymptotic behavior of the estimators is derived.
The combination of the above two methods provides a tool for assessing
linearity that can be applied to each independent variable individually
as well as to several independent variables simultaneously. The method
is illustrated using consumption data from Israel. It is shown that the
linearity of the Engel curve, and therefore the 'linear expenditures
system' is rejected.

--

--------------------------------
 Dr. M. Grazia Pittau

NOTA:
Le norme per utilizzare il forum SIS e le istruzioni per iscrizione
e cancellazione sono disponibili all'indirizzo
.
.   http://w3.uniroma1.it/sis/forum.asp
.
L'archivio di tutti i messaggi (aggiornato al giorno precedente)
e' disponibile all'indirizzo
.
.   http://www.stat.unipg.it/cgi-bin/wilma/sis/
.