seminario

Istituto Metodi Quantitativi - Università L. Bocconi
Viale Isonzo, 25 - 20135 Milano
Tel. 02-58365629  - Fax 02-58365630

SEMINARIO

Bayesian Nonparametric Inference for Mixed Poisson Processes

Eduardo Gutierrez-Peña
(IIMAS-UNAM, Mexico)

Giovedì, 23 gennaio 2002 - ore 16.30
Aula IMQ  stanza n.137

Abstract. In this talk we discuss Bayesian nonparametric inference for
non-homogeneous mixed Poisson processes (NHMPP) of two different types,
each defined by a specific mixing distribution or process. For both types
of NHMPP, we assign an independent-increment process prior to simple
transformations of the mean function and derive the corresponding
posteriors. Such priors exhibit some sort of partial conjugacy which makes
the analysis relatively simple via a Gibbs sampling scheme. Each type of
NHMPP gives rise to one of two different types of negative binomial
processes when the mixing distribution (process) is gamma. This is a joint
paper  with Luis Enrique Nieto-Barajas.