annuncio seminario

Seminari del Dipartimento di Scienze Statistiche, Universita' di Perugia.

Prof. Mounir Mesbah, Direttore del centro SABRES, Università di Vannes
Bretagne

Venerdi' 31 maggio 2002 alle ore 15:00, Aula Interna del Dipartimento

Titolo: Joint modeling of a longitudinal latent Quality of Life Variable and
Event Time  Mounir Mesbah

Abstract:
A major problem that frequently arises in longitudinal clinical trials where
Quality of Life (QoL) questionnaires are repeatedly assessed by each individual
under study, is that of dropouts. In some settings, dropouts may depend on
missing components of the longitudinal process. Dropouts is then termed
nonignorable. Recently, several approaches have been proposed that accommodate
nonignorable dropouts in the modeling of a longitudinal process. However,
these approaches rest upon the assumption that dropouts can only occur at one
of the pre-specified measurement times of quality of life. In this paper,
we propose a joint model for the longitudinal latent QoL variable with
nonignorable dropouts and time to dropout. We obtain parameter estimates in
this model using nonparametric maximum likelihood estimation. We prove that our
model is identifiable and that the estimations  are consistent and normally
distributed.  Finally a Goodness of Fit test for this model is proposed.

This method is valid when Quality of Life data is just an observed
continuous univariate score, but in practice Quality of Life data generally
consist in a multivariate dichotomous or polychotomous observed variable used
to measure a latent unobserved variable (the Quality of Life).  We propose a
general way to deal with this kind of data, using a joint modeling of
measurement of QoL by Rasch Model, Time to dropout by Cox Model and
Longitudinal process subject to dropout by an AR(1).