DEINDE 2002, First Announcement

Cara Tiziana, puoi fare circolare questo mail tra gli aderenti al TITOSIM e
ad altri che in ambito CRF potrebbero essere interessati? E' quello per cui
ci eravamo parlati. Hai poi sentito Iannis sulla VoC?A presto  Grazia

			* DEINDE (DEsign of INDustrial Experiments) 2002 *
					Subjective vs Objective

					February, 21-22, 2002

					Sixth annual Workshop

					Location: Villa Gualino
				   Viale Settimio Severo, No. 63
					 10133 - Turin, Italy
				Tel: +390116603555, Fax: +390116600082

                  			=======================
                   			  FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT
                  			=======================

Workshop DEINDE was first introduced in the early nineties as a forum for
researchers and practitioners alike to discuss topics related to industrial
experimentation. In the course of the past five editions qualified experts
gave presentations covering experimentation on large systems, dimensional
scatter control on body in white, process optimization, experiments on
mixtures, parameter prediction via simulation, characterization of
dedicated software, experimentation in the food and drug industry.
The sixth workshop, to be held on February 21 & 22, 2002 in Torino, is
targeted at experts and users of Voice of the Customer and Customer
Satisfaction Techniques, in order to provide a forum for sharing ideas,
experiences and knowledge. Style will be fairly informal and size shall be
limited, to favor discussion. Talks will be presented to highlight
peculiarities of the subjects, but the focus will be the presentation of a
broad spectrum of applications in order to generate discussion about the
use of such techniques. All users, experienced old hands as well as
greenhorns and managers, are encouraged to participate.
Contributions are invited from business, industry, manufacturing,
administration, marketing, sales, logistics and service showcasing.
Participants from industry and business are welcome to present shop
problems and discuss actual solutions. Topics and applications are centered
around, but are not limited to, Voice of the Customer and Customer
Satisfaction.

Voice of the Customer (VoC): a product meeting customer's requirements can
make the success of product and producer as well, however the link between
the consumer needs and the technical objectives is hardly straightforward.
A tentative list of subjects may include:

· Identification of measurements scales pertaining to customer requirements
· Detection of technical characteristics and prioritization of technical
design characteristics
· Desirability Function
· Simultaneous optimization of several responses (with customer-assigned
priorities)
· Extension of Robust Design Methodology to quality of services
· Quality profiles of products/services and their comparison (Benchmarking)
· Quality Function Deployment (QFD)
· Conjoint Analysis

Customer Satisfaction: there's a general call for customer empowerment to
build foundations defining Quality. This requires inter alia taking all
steps needed to meet or exceed customer expectations. As we move more and
more toward a consumer-driven market, facilities catering for simple,
basic, easy-to-read information regarding customer satisfaction will
attract and serve more people. Subjects of the Workshop will be:

· How to measure Customer Satisfaction
· Data Mining
· Indices of Customer Satisfaction (ACSI, ECSI)
· Customer Relationship Management
· Factor and Cluster Analysis
· Multidimensional Scaling
· Multidimensional Techniques, e.g. Projection to Latent Structures (PLS)
· Rasch Models
· Application of Customer Satisfaction

People interested in presenting a paper at the Workshop are kindly invited
to send a title and a brief abstract (approximately 250 words) by January
15, 2002, preferably via e-mail to the Chair of the DEINDE 2002 Workshop,
Grazia Vicario, to be contacted also for other information.

Fees, registration and accommodation
A nominal registration fee of 200 EUR to cover expenses, lunches and social
dinner (21st February) shall be charged to participants (Ph.D. students and
young researchers are entitled to a reduced fee).
Participants may be accommodated at Villa Gualino (a single room
approximately costs 45 EUR and a double room 70 EUR, breakfast included).

Sponsors

Fondazione Diego De Castro
Politecnico di Torino
Universitą di Torino
TITOSIM - Project no: GRD1-2000-25724; Contract no: G1RD-CT-2000-00323
MURST (Italian Ministry of Scientific Research) through grant "Metodi e
Modelli Statistici per la Valutazione della Qualitą e della Customer
Satisfaction", COFIN '01

DEINDE Committee
Prof. Roberto Corradetti, Prof. Raffaello Levi, Prof. Giovanni Pistone

Chair of the DEINDE 2002 Edition - Contact person
Prof. Grazia Vicario
Dipartimento di Matematica
Politecnico di Torino
Corso Duca degli Abruzzi 24