The Sixth International Conference on Teaching Statistics

The Sixth International Conference on Teaching Statistics
Durban, South Africa
7 - 12 July 2002
http://www.beeri.org.il/icots6/
2001 has been an important year in the planning of ICOTS-6.  We already have over 200 invited papers with well-defined speakers, titles and abstracts, which can be viewed in the ICOTS-6 IPC Website (http://www.beeri.org.il/icots6/).
We invite you to submit your proposals for those sessions or for the contributed paper sessions.  Guidelines for preparing ICOTS-6 papers and periodic announcements and updates of the scientific program are available in the Website.  The invited and contributed papers of ICOTS-6 will be published by ISI and IASE as a CD-ROM and on the Internet and it will also be available in printed copy of the CD-ROM for those who want to pay for a copy.
The second announcement is now available, either on the ICOTS-6 IPC Website, or from Maria Gabriella Ottaviani (mariagabriella.ottaviani@uniroma1.it).
Important deadlines
§       For invited and contributed non-refereed papers - until January 1, 2002.  For contributed papers contact Susan Starkings: starkisa@sbu.ac.uk.
§       For demonstrations, forums and special sessions, until February 1, 2002.  Contact Maria-Gabriella Ottaviani: mariagabriella.ottaviani@uniroma1.it.
§       For posters, until April. 1, 2002.  Contact Andrew I. Dale: dale@scifs1.und.ac.za.
§       For early registration, Jan. 15, 2002.  There are big savings for IASE members who register early.
The deadline to apply for these funds is January 1, 2002.  Participants registering by 15 January 2002 pay reduced fees.
The hard work of the members of the International Program Committee, the Local Organising Committee, the Session Organisers, and all those participating in another capacity, is the best omen for the success of ICOTS-6 in South Africa.  We are looking forward to seeing you in Durban!

IPC Chair
Maria-Gabriella Ottaviani
mariagabriella.ottaviani@uniroma1.it

International Organizer
Brian Phillips
bphillips@swin.edu.au

IPC Scientific Secretary
Dani Ben-Zvi
dani.ben-zvi@weizmann.ac.il

Prof. Maria-Gabriella Ottaviani     mariagabriella.ottaviani@uniroma1.it
Dip.di Statistica, Probabilita' e Statistiche Applicate
Universita' di Roma "La Sapienza"
P.le A. Moro, 5 - 00185 Roma (Italy)
Tel. (+39)-06-49 91 05 61      Fax (+39)-06-49 59 241