University of Connecticut

terrą il seguente seminario:

BAYESIAN APPROACHES FOR
MISALIGNED DATA LAYERS AND THE
MODIFIABLE AREAL UNIT PROBLEM

ore 15.00
Aula SC60

Summary

In attempting to establish relationships between spatial variables, one often
encounters misaligned data layers. For example, the response variable may be
observed on one areal grid and the explanatory variable on another. In some
cases one variable is observed areally while the other is observed at point
sources. In attempting to reconcile such misalignment, one finds a variety of
ad hoc methods in the literature. We propose fully model-based approaches to
develop such regressions. Such models are necessarily hierarchical and
provide full inference, avoiding typically inappropriate asymptotics
associated with likelihood-based approaches. We discuss general approaches
for handling the different types of misalignment and then illustrate the
first situation (with which we have the most experience) using an
environmental risk dataset and also a very large deforestation dataset.
;
Gli interessati sono cordialmente invitati ad intervenire.

Per informazioni si prega di contattare il sig. Dicuonzo
(marius@mailhost.stat.unipd.it) della segreteria del
Dipartimento.

--

Carlo Gaetan