[Forum SIS] NTTS 2021 Online Conference

Monica Pratesi monica.pratesi a unipi.it
Mer 24 Feb 2021 09:15:55 CET

Dear Collegues, I hope this message finds you well in these challenging
times.

Today, I'm turning to you as a member of the NTTS21 Programme Committee.
I'd kindly ask you to help us with promotion at Italian Universities.
I'm attaching the information sheet and some facts & figures. The
conference has no fee; it only requires registration.

Many thanks and a big hug, Monica

**********************************

Please find attached the information sheet to help you disseminate the
conference and below some facts & figures:

135+ speakers

Variety of speakers’ background: Statistical offices, EU institutions,
Government sector, Academia/research sector, Banking sector, Private sector

1100+ registrations

Registrations from 68 countries covering 6 continents. Missing
registrations from the following “big” countries: Canada, India and China

30 sessions

3 keynote speakers

64 topics

9 spotlight sessions

Online conference on New Techniques and Technologies for official
statistics (NTTS) on 9-11 March 2021
The New Techniques and Technologies for Statistics (NTTS) is an
international biennial scientific conference series, organised by
Eurostat, on new techniques and methods for official statistics and the
impact of new technologies on statistical collection, production and
dissemination systems.
The conference will:
• present results from currently ongoing research and innovation
projects in official statistics;
• stimulate and facilitate the preparation of new innovative projects by
encouraging the exchange of views and co-operation between researchers
with the aim of enhancing the quality and usefulness of official statistics.
The conference brings together academics, statisticians and users of
data to discuss, network and exchange ideas.
You are invited to have a look at the topics of NTTS 2021, which for the
first time will be carried out fully virtually. NTTS 2021 features three
exciting key notes (Mariana Mazzucato, Danny Dorling and Mart Mägi) and
30 parallel sessions, during which participants will be able to
participate virtually in discussions and raise their questions to the
speakers.
The detailed programme and more info on the conference is available at:
http://europa.eu/!mC77nR
Keep up-to-date about the conference by following us on Twitter @EU_NTTS
Make sure you register to be part of NTTS 2021 at: https://europa.eu/!YC37Vb

Monica Pratesi
Full Professor of Statistics
holder of the Jean Monnet Chair
Small Area methods for Multidimensional Poverty and living conditions
SAMPIEU - http://sampieuchair.ec.unipi.it
https://people.unipi.it/monica_pratesi

Department of Economics and Management
University of Pisa