[Forum SIS] 14-15 nov: Giovanni Peccati mini-course at Roma Tor Vergata

Alessia Caponera alessia.caponera a uniroma1.it
Ven 8 Nov 2019 15:32:00 CET

Mini-course held by Giovanni Peccati (6 hours)
Title: The Malliavin-Stein method
Abstract: I will provide a self-contained introduction to a collection of probabilistic techniques developed in the last decade, focussing on quantitative limit theorems for non-linear functionals of Gaussian fields, obtained by combining two techniques: (i) the Malliavin calculus of variations, and (ii) Stein's method for probabilistic approximations. I will develop in full detail at least one geometric application related to the structure of level sets of Gaussian fields, and I will try to point out a number of further directions of research, connected e.g. to concentration estimates, entropic bounds, discrete geometric structures and the analysis of Boolean functions.
A systematically updated list of papers related to Malliavin-Stein techniques can be found here https://sites.google.com/site/malliavinstein/home <https://sites.google.com/site/malliavinstein/home>
The main reference of the matter is the monograph by I. Nourdin and myself: https://tinyurl.com/y3h2n8e2 <https://tinyurl.com/y3h2n8e2>
Place: Aula Dal Passo, Dipartimento di Matematica, Universitā di Roma Tor Vergata
Via della Ricerca Scientifica 1, 00133 Roma

Schedule:
- Thursday November 14th, from 2 PM to 5 PM
- Friday November 15th, from 9:30 AM to 12:30 AM
Le informazioni
contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono strettamente
riservate e indirizzate esclusivamente al destinatario. Si prega di non
leggere, fare copia, inoltrare a terzi o conservare tale messaggio se non
si č il legittimo destinatario dello stesso. Qualora tale messaggio sia
stato ricevuto per errore, si prega di restituirlo al mittente e di
cancellarlo permanentemente dal proprio computer.

The information
contained in this e mail message is strictly confidential and intended for
the use of the addressee only.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please do not read, copy, forward or store it on your computer. If you have
received the message in error, please forward it back to the sender and
delete it permanently from your computer system.