[Forum SIS] Call for a Post-Doctoral position in Genetic Epidemiology & Biostatistics at Eurac (Bolzano)

Pattaro Cristian Cristian.Pattaro a eurac.edu
Mar 28 Maggio 2019 22:57:56 CEST

Inoltro l'annuncio per una posizione in biostatistica applicata presso l'Eurac a Bolzano. Si richiede un livello di esperienza post-dottorato.

Per informazioni contattare il Dr Francisco Domingues:
francisco.domingues at eurac.edu , phone +39 0471 055 539

Pagina del bando: http://www.eurac.edu/en/aboutus/Jobs/Pages/Post-Doctoral-position-in-Genetic-Epidemiology-and-Biostatistics_21052019.aspx

The Institute for Biomedicine is home to an international and interdisciplinary team of scientists, students and support staff, integrated in a network of international and national partners. Living and working in Bozen/Bolzano allows you to experience a unique combination of Alpine and Mediterranean culture right at the heart of one of the most exciting mountain regions in Europe.
At the Institute for Biomedicine we are focused on the broad areas of metabolic, neurological and cardiovascular disease. At the core of our research projects, we are conducting a longitudinal population study called CHRIS (Cooperative Health Research in South Tyrol). In the baseline assessment, a large set of clinical, genetic, and molecular data have been generated from 13393 participants. We are now looking for a Post-Doc in Epidemiology and Biostatistics with experience in epidemiological data analysis of large datasets. The successful candidate will be performing exploratory and hypothesis-generation analyses in the biomedical fields of interest, working in a team environment with statisticians, epidemiologists, bioinformaticians and biologists.

Tasks: The selected candidate will perform analysis of complex datasets, and build a bridge between biologists and other analytical teams in the Institute, helping to prioritize data analysis findings for experimental follow up. The candidate will also be expected to lead and contribute to manuscript preparation and participate in preparation of grant applications for extramural funding.

Requirements:
. PhD in Biostatistics or Epidemiology
. Experience in statistical and epidemiological data analysis as demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications is mandatory
. Experience in analyzing omics/genomics data
. Experience in using the R software environment with the Linux/Unix operating system
. Strong interpersonal and communication skills

We offer:
One to two year initial contract (subject to experience) with the possibility of renewal. Salary proportional to experience.

How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) by 30.06.2019 via Email to mailto:jobs.biomedicine at eurac.edu stating "Post-Doc Data Analyst" as subject.
Eurac Research
Institute for Biomedicine
Via Galvani 31 - 39100 Bolzano, Italy
Email: jobs.biomedicine at eurac.edu - http://www.eurac.edu/
Tel: +39 0471 055 500  / Fax: + 39 0471 055 599

Information about the Institute is available at: http://www.eurac.edu/en/research/health/biomed