[Forum SIS] Seminario Prof Alan Agresti

Claudia Tarantola claudia.tarantola a unipv.it
Gio 4 Apr 2019 11:22:22 CEST

We are glad to announce the following  Statistics Seminar:

Tuesday, 16th April 2019 at 2:30 pm, room I

Department of Economics and Management

Via San Felice, 5 - 27100 Pavia

Simple Ordinal Model Effect Measures

Alan Agresti
Distinguished Professor Emeritus

Department of Statistics

University of Florida

We survey effect measures for models for ordinal categorical data that
can be simpler to interpret that the model parameters.  For describing
the effect of an explanatory variable while adjusting for other
explanatory variables, we present probability-based measures,
including a measure of relative size and partial effect measures based
on an instantaneous rate of change.  We also survey summary measures
of predictive power that are analogs of R-squared and multiple
correlation measures for continuous response variables.  We suggest
new measures of effect and of predictive power, illustrate the new and
existing measures for an example, and provide R code for implementing
them.  The talk is based on recent papers with Claudia Tarantola and
Maria Kateri.

Prof.ssa Claudia Tarantola

Double Degree Coordinator

President of Hermes Unversity Network ( <http://hermes-universities.eu/>