[Forum SIS] Fwd: PhD project in Network models for capture-recapture data

Alessio Farcomeni alessio.farcomeni a uniroma1.it
Ven 30 Nov 2018 11:01:50 CET

Buongiorno a tutti

Segnalo una Ph.D. position a Canterbury, di seguito i dettagli.

Alessio

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Eleni Matechou <E.Matechou a kent.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 5:54 PM
Subject: PhD project in Network models for capture-recapture data
To: Alessio Farcomeni <afarcome a gmail.com>
Cc: Xue Wang <X.Wang a kent.ac.uk>

Hi Alessio,

Xue Wang and I are advertising a project that will look into applying and
developing network methodology for analysing capture-recapture data. The
work is motivated by a long-term data set on badgers in the UK. There is a
lot of interest in badgers at the moment because of the (rather
controversial) cull, see here for example
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/sep/13/huge-increase-in-badger-cull-will-see-up-to-42000-shot

Badgers live in family groups (i.e. networks) and we want to know how the
cull affects these networks and their interactions with other networks.

More details on the project can be found here
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.kent.ac.uk%2Fsmsas%2Fpostgraduate%2FPhD-projects%2Fnetwork_models_for_capture-recapture%2520data-em359.pdf

Could you please forward this email to potential applicants who can use
this link to apply
https://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/169/statistics by the end of
January.

Cheers,