[Forum SIS] Annuncio Seminario: Alessandro Beretta "Variable selection in proportional hazards cure model with time-varying covariates, application to US bank failures"

statlab a unisa.it statlab a unisa.it
Lun 21 Maggio 2018 09:54:19 CEST

*************************************

Seminario di Statistica

Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Statistiche - DiSES [1]

UNIVERSITÀ DEGLI STUDI DI SALERNO

*************************************

ALESSANDRO BERETTA (University of Liège)

_Variable selection in proportional hazards cure model with time-varying
covariates, application to US bank failures_

_ _

Martedì 22 maggio 2018 ore 15:00 - 17:00 Sala Consigli Dises

ABSTRACT

 From a survival analysis perspective, bank failure data are often
characterised by small default rates and heavy censoring. This empirical
evidence can be explained by the existence of a subpopulation of banks
likely immune from bankruptcy. In this regard, we use a mixture cure
model to separate the factors with an influence on the susceptibility to
default from the ones affecting the survival time of susceptible banks.
We extend a semi-parametric proportional hazards cure model to
time-varying covariates and we propose a penalized-likelihood variable
selection technique. By means of a simulation study, we show how this
technique performs reasonably well. Finally, we illustrate an
application to commercial bank failures in the United States over the
period 2006-2016.

LABORATORIO DI RICERCA E FORMAZIONE AVANZATA IN STATISTICA STATLAB [2]

Università degli Studi di Salerno

Via Giovanni Paolo II, 132

84084 Fisciano SA

Tel. +39 089 96 3132