[Forum SIS] Annuncio Seminario: Alessandro Beretta "Variable selection in proportional hazards cure model with time-varying covariates, application to US bank failures"

Statlab statlab a unisa.it
Lun 21 Maggio 2018 09:40:20 CEST

*************************************

Seminario di Statistica

Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Statistiche - DiSES
<http://www.dises.unisa.it/>

Università degli Studi di Salerno

*************************************

Alessandro Beretta (University of Liège)

Variable selection in proportional hazards cure model with time-varying
covariates, application to US bank failures

Martedì 22 maggio 2018 ore 15:00 - 17:00 Sala Consigli Dises

Abstract

>From a survival analysis perspective, bank failure data are often
characterised by small default rates and heavy censoring. This empirical
evidence can be explained by the existence of a subpopulation of banks
likely immune from bankruptcy. In this regard, we use a mixture cure model
to separate the factors with an influence on the susceptibility to default
from the ones affecting the survival time of susceptible banks. We extend a
semi-parametric proportional hazards cure model to time-varying covariates
and we propose a penalized-likelihood variable selection technique. By means
of a simulation study, we show how this technique performs reasonably well.
Finally, we illustrate an application to commercial bank failures in the
United States over the period 2006-2016.

Laboratorio di Ricerca e Formazione avanzata in Statistica STATLAB
<http://www.statlab.unisa.it/index>

Università degli Studi di Salerno

Via Giovanni Paolo II, 132

84084 Fisciano SA