[Forum SIS] Seminario di Statistica - Universita' Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milano

Consonni Guido Guido.Consonni a unicatt.it
Ven 20 Maggio 2016 14:53:04 CEST

Alan AGRESTI

Distinguished Professor Emeritus, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA

Some Perspectives about

Generalized Linear Modeling

Mercoledì 25 Maggio ore 12,30

Aula G 052

Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore - Milano

Largo Gemelli,1 - Edificio Lanzone 18

Abstract:

This talk discusses several topics pertaining to generalized linear
modeling.  With focus on categorical data, the topics include (1) bias
in using ordinary linear models with ordinal categorical response
data, (2) interpreting effects with nonlinear link functions, (3)
cautions in using Wald inference (tests and confidence intervals) when
effects are large or near the boundary of the parameter space, and (4)
the behavior and choice of residuals for GLMs.  I will present few new
research results, but these topics got my attention while I was
writing the book `Foundations of Linear and Generalized Linear
Models,' recently published by Wiley.

[Logo]  Università Cattolica investe nel talento, nella ricerca, nella solidarietà.
Puoi farlo anche tu. CF 02133120150 www.unicatt.it/5permille<http://www.unicatt.it/5permille/>