[Forum SIS] DEC Statistics Seminar (Bocconi) - March 10th

Isadora Antoniano isadora.antoniano a unibocconi.it
Ven 4 Mar 2016 14:41:30 CET

Dear all,

We are glad to announce the next:

*DEC - Statistics Seminar*

Thursday, March 10th

*Bocconi University,*

Room 3-E4-SR03

Via Rontgen 1 - 3rd floor

Time: *12:30 pm*

*Harry van Zanten*
(University of Amsterdam)

*"Estimating a smooth function on a large graph by Bayesian Laplacian
regularization "*

Abstract

In this talk I discuss a paper in which we study a Bayesian approach to
estimating a smooth function in the context of regression or classification
problems on large graphs. We derive theoretical results that show how
asymptotically optimal Bayesian regularization can be achieved under an
asymptotic shape assumption on the underlying graph and a smoothness
condition on the target function, both formulated in terms of the graph
Laplacian. The priors we study are randomly scaled Gaussians with precision
operators involving the Laplacian of the graph.
Based on joint work with Alice Kirichenko.

Kind regards,

Raffaella Piccarreta and Isadora Antoniano

The DEC seminar schedule is available at
http://www.unibocconi.eu/statseminar

*ATTENTION:*

If you are a guest and you do not have a Bocconi ID Card to access to the
Bocconi Buildings, please confirm your participation in the event by
sending an email to martina.ercoli a unibocconi.it
In addition, we suggest that you print, fill out and send the attached form
(to give your consent to personal data handling) via email to the above
address. In this way, the check-in procedure at the entrance will be faster
and easier.

Martina Ercoli
Department of Decision Sciences
Bocconi University