[Forum SIS] DEI - Università di Catania: AVVISO DI SEMINARI

antonio punzo antonio.punzo a unict.it
Mar 8 Set 2015 10:25:02 CEST

AVVISO DI SEMINARI

Il Dipartimento di Economia e Impresa dell’Università di Catania ha
organizzato il seminario:

*Robust clusterwise autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity*

*Pietro Coretto*

*Department of Economics and Statistics*

*University of Salerno*

Martedì 15 Settembre dalle ore 11:30

In Aula 6

Università di Catania

Palazzo delle Scienze, Corso Italia, 55, Catania

*Abstract*:

The dishomogeneity of the cross-sectional distribution of realized stock
volatilities is modelled with a mixture model able to accommodate the
typical extreme tail behaviour. Robust model-based clustering is used to
recover the underlying cluster structure. This information is profitably
used for specifying parsimonious state-dependent models for volatility
where parameters evolve cluster-wise. In particular we propose a novel
GARCH-type specifications whose parameters vary through time as a function
of the probability that, at a given time point, the stock belongs to a
specific volatility cluster. The empirical performance of the proposed
models and methods is assessed on a panel of U.S. stocks traded on the NYSE.

I colleghi interessati sono cordialmente invitati a partecipare.

Antonio Punzo