[Forum SIS] Call for papers: The Psychology of Survey Participation and Response

Teresio Poggio terlist a gmail.com
Gio 29 Gen 2015 15:36:56 CET

Dear all, please find below a call for papers in survey methods you may be
interested in.

Best regards

Teresio Poggio

--------------------------

Call for Papers

--------------------------

The Psychology of Survey Participation and Response

A Special Issue of the Journal ´Psihologija´

http://goo.gl/znsp07

--------------------------

Guest Editors:

--------------------------

Michael Bosnjak

michael.bosnjak at gesis.org

Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, School of Economics and Management

GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences, Survey Design and
Methodology

Daniel Danner

daniel.danner at gesis.org

GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences, Survey Design and
Methodology

--------------------------

Topics to be covered:

--------------------------

The overall aim of this special issue is to address survey participation
and responding  from psychological perspectives. The subtopics to be
covered are:

> Measurement-related issues, such as, for instance, measurement
equivalence, response styles, response format effects, evidence about the
usefulness of cognitive pretesting.

> Participation and nonresponse, e.g. psychological models explaining
nonresponse patterns, panel attrition, etc.

> Cognitive processes involved when answering survey questions, e.g.,
mental construal, memory effects.

> Effects of different sampling strategies on substantive results relevant
to Psychology.

Authors are also encouraged to submit innovative, non-mainstream topics
related to the overall theme.

--------------------------

How to submit:
--------------------------

There is a two-stage submissions process. Initially, interested authors are
requested to submit abstracts of their proposed papers. Authors of the
selected abstracts will then be invited to submit full papers. All full
papers will undergo blind peer review.

Stage 1: Structured abstract submission by  March 15, 2015

We encourage interested authors to submit a structured abstract of the
planned manuscript before submitting a full paper. The goal is to provide
authors with prompt feedback regarding the suitability and relevance of the
planned manuscript to the special issue. The deadline for submitting
structured abstracts is March 15, 2015.

Feedback on whether or not the associate editors encourage authors to
submit a full paper will be given by March 20, 2015.

Submission guidelines for structured abstracts:

Structured abstracts must not exceed 300 words and encompass information on
each and every of the following headings: (a) Research question(s) and/or
Hypothesis/es, (b) Method, (c) Results, (d) Conclusions and Implications.
Structured abstract should be submitted by e-mail to both guest editors.

Stage 2: Full paper submission June 30, 2015

For those having been encouraged to submit a full paper, the deadline is
June 30, 2015. Full paper manuscripts will undergo a peer-review process.

Submission guidelines for full papers:

Maximum 8.500 words (approx. 60.000 characters, including spaces) in
12-point Times New Roman font, formatted in APA style (
http://www.apastyle.org/), A4 paper format, 1 inch margins. Figures should
be in grayscale only. The title page should contain title, authors, and
affiliations, including a complete address (including e-Mail addresses) for
correspondence. An abstract of 150 words or less and a list of four to six
keywords should follow the title page. On page 3 of the manuscript, repeat
the title, but not the names, to permit anonymity during the reviewing
process. Please have no footnotes at the bottom of the pages or at the end
of the text. Structured abstract are going to be submitted using an online
system for manuscript submission and peer review. Further details will be
communicated to those authors encouraged to submit a full paper.

--------------------------

Timeline:

--------------------------

> March 15, 2015: Abstract submissions due

> March 20, 2015: Feedback to authors of extended abstracts

> June 30, 2015: Full paper submission due

> September 15, 2015: Feedback to authors of full paper submissions

> October 30, 2015: Revised manuscripts due

> November 10, 2015: Editorial decision about acceptance/refusal of revised
papers due

> December 2015: Publication of special issue

About the Journal:

Psihologija is a scholarly peer-reviewed journal published quarterly by the
Serbian Psychological Society founded in 1967. Psihologija accepts only
original manuscripts and papers may belong to any branch of research
psychology.

Further details:

http://www.doiserbia.nb.rs/journal.aspx?issn=0048-5705