[Forum SIS] seminario Valeria Bignozzi in Bicocca

Fabio Bellini fabio.bellini a unimib.it
Lun 20 Apr 2015 08:05:47 CEST

Il giorno venerdì 24 aprile alle ore 14.00 presso
la aula seminari del Dipartimento di Statistica e
Metodi Quantitativi della Università di
Milano-Bicocca (edificio U7, IV piano), la
dott.ssa Valeria Bignozzi della Università di Firenze terrà un seminario su:

Reducing model risk using positive and negative dependence assumptions

Abstract

We give analytical bounds on the Value-at-Risk
and on convex risk measures for a portfolio of
random variables with fixed marginal
distributions under an additional positive
dependence structure. We show that assuming
positive dependence information in our model
leads to reduced dependence uncertainty spreads
compared to the case where only marginals
information is known. In more detail, we show
that in our model the assumption of a positive
dependence structure improves the best-possible
lower estimate of a risk measure, while leaving
unchanged its worst-possible upper risk bounds.
In a similar way, we derive for convex risk
measures that the assumption of a negative
dependence structure leads to improved upper
bounds for the risk while it does not help to
increase the lower risk bounds in an essential
way. As a result we find that additional
assumptions on the dependence structure may
result in essentially improved risk bounds (joint
work with G. Puccetti and L. Ruschendorf).

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Prof. Fabio Bellini
Department of Statistics and Quantitative Methods
University of Milano-Bicocca
Via Bicocca degli Arcimboldi 8, 20126 Milano
0039-2-64483119
http://www.economia.unimib.it/bellini
http://scholar.google.it/citations?user=P61L8P4AAAAJ&hl=it