[Forum SIS] Seminario MULANKSY (RGS & Matematica Applicata)

Giacomo Aletti (giacomo.aletti) giacomo.aletti a unimi.it
Lun 13 Apr 2015 19:02:19 CEST

Con preghiera di diffusione tra tutti i possibili interessati, scusandomi per invii multipli.
Cordialmente,
Giacomo Aletti

=================

Nell'ambito dei Reading Group Seminars e del Seminario di Matematica Applicata, il giorno lunedì 20 Aprile 2015, alle ore 14.30, nell'Aula C del Dipartimento di Matematica dell'Universita' degli Studi di Milano, Via C. Saldini, 50, Milano,

"Analyzing spike train synchrony"

Mario Mulanksy,
Istituto dei Sistemi Complessi, CNR, Firenze

ABSTRACT: Understanding the details of information processing in the brain is one of the most challenging and exciting problems of our time. In this talk, I will introduce the field of spike train analysis and present mathematical tools to measure spike train synchrony. I will focus on time-resolved and parameter-free methods and discuss their properties and advantages. Finally, I will show applications to experimental and numerical results and provide perspective for future advancements..

=================

Reading Group Seminars: The Reading Group Seminars (RGS) are organized within an open community of researchers interested in applying up to date mathematical modeling and data analysis approaches to the study of biological systems. The RGS take place at the Math. Department in Milan (via Saldini). Initiatives and updates are published on the website: http://rgs.mat.unimi.it/.(http://rgs.mat.unimi.it/)

--

Giacomo Aletti, Associate Professor

ADAMSS Centre (ex MIRIAM)
Advanced Applied Mathematical and Statistical Sciences

Department of Mathematics (www.mat.unimi.it)
Via Saldini, 50
20133 Milano, Italy
Tel: +39-02-503.16158