[Forum SIS] seminario Dipartimento Scienze Cliniche e di Comunità - UniMI

Federico Ambrogi federico.ambrogi a unimi.it
Ven 10 Apr 2015 18:15:16 CEST

Annuncio di seminario

martedì 14 Aprile 2015, ore 14.30,
Aula Didattica, Campus Cascina Rosa, Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche e di Comunità
Università degli Studi di Milano, Via Vanzetti, 5, Milano,

il prof. Thomas Scheike del Department of Biostatistics, University of Copenhagen
terrà il seminario:

The role of genes in the length of life

Abstract:
We consider data from the Danish twin registry and aim to study in
detail how lifetimes for twin-pairs are correlated.  We consider
models where we specify the marginals using a regression structure,
here Cox's regression model or the additive hazards model.  The best
known such model is the Clayton-Oakes model. This model can be
extended in several directions. One extension is to allow the
dependence to parameter to depend on covariates. Another extension is
to allow the dependence to be piecewise constant cross-hazard ratio
(CHR) models. We show how both these models can be implemented for
large sample data, and suggest a computational solution for obtaining
standard errors for such models for large registry data.

Per informazioni: federico.ambrogi at unimi.it <mailto:federico.ambrogi at unimi.it>
http://www.discco.unimi.it/ <http://www.discco.unimi.it/>

Federico Ambrogi, Ph.D.
Researcher of Biostatistics, University of Milan
Section of Medical Statistics and Biometry "Giulio A. Maccacaro",
Campus Cascina Rosa
Via Vanzetti 5, 20133 Milano (Italy)
Phone: +39 02 23902065
Fax: +39 02 50320866