[Forum SIS] seminario Ruodu Wang in Bicocca

fabio.bellini fabio.bellini a unimib.it
Mer 7 Maggio 2014 10:10:07 CEST

Il giorno martedì 13 maggio alle ore 15.00 presso la aula
seminari del Dipartimento di Statistica e Metodi
Quantitativi della Università di Milano Bicocca, al IV
piano dell'edificio U7, il dott. Ruodu Wang della
Università di Waterloo (Canada) terrà un seminario su:

Admissible distributions of risk aggregation

Abstract

Modeling inter-dependence between individual risks often
faces statistical as well as probabilistic challenges, in
which dependence uncertainty naturally arises. In this
talk, we consider problems of risk aggregation with
dependence uncertainty. The core question of interest is
to characterize admissible distributions of risk
aggregation, where marginal distributions of individual
risks are assumed known but the joint dependence structure
is unknown. In the first part of the talk, we will
summarize finite dimensional results based on the notion
of joint mixability, and discuss their relevance to
optimization problems in risk management. In the second
part of the talk, we will study asymptotic problems of
admissible risk aggregation with identical margins. The
results are concise and, in the meanwhile, surprising. We
hope to deliver the following message: with the marginal
distribution known and dependence structure unknown, we
know essentially nothing about the asymptotic shape of the
sum of random variables.

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Fabio Bellini