[Forum SIS] ABCinRome - 30-31 May 2013 - Sapienza Università di Roma

Serena Arima serena.arima a uniroma1.it
Ven 15 Feb 2013 13:15:56 CET

<< Apologies for cross-posting >>

Sapienza Università di Roma
30-31 May 2013
Faculty of Economics

We are organizing a one-and-a-half day meeting, ABC in Rome (ABCiR),
on recent advances in approximate Bayesian computation (ABC) methods
at Sapienza. Since the previous meetings, in Paris and London, the
field has seen rapid progress and increased application of ABC methods
in a number of scientific areas, in particular in population,
evolutionary and systems biology. There have also been important
advances in the development of efficient numerical implementations,
and the increased use of ABC for model selection has given rise to new
conceptual and fundamental challenges.

ABCiR will bring together some of the leading researchers in the field
of ABC, who will present the state of the art in
- applications of ABC to real world problems
- recent computational advances in ABC
- comparative efficiency of ABC methods with respect to alternative methodologies
- model selection and model checking in the ABC framework.

More details can be found at the workshop website is https://sites.google.com/site/approxbayescompinrome/.

Attendance is free but we ask people to register as space is strictly
limited. You can register at

https://sites.google.com/site/approxbayescompinrome/registration

We particularly encourage posters detailing recent software implementations of ABC
methods and any computational advances. Deadline for poster presentation is 7th april 2013.

We believe that this workshop will provide a forum for
positive interaction among leaders in statistical developments
and advances in this important area.  We look forward to
this opportunity to share ideas and engage in discussions with you.

Organisers

Mark Beaumont (School of Biological Sciences, Univ of Bristol)
Brunero Liseo (MEMOTEF, Sapienza) local chair,
Christian Robert (Paris-Dauphine)
Michael Stumpf (Theoretical Systems Biology,Imperial College London)
Simon Tavaré (Department of Biological Sciences  University of
Southern California)

Local contacts

Brunero Liseo brunero.liseo at uniroma1.it
Serena Arima serena.arima at uniroma1.it