[Forum SIS] Seminar BRUCE G. LINDSAY (Penn State Univ.) Padova November 20th, 2012 - 14.30

Patrizia Piacentini piacent a stat.unipd.it
Mar 6 Nov 2012 11:00:11 CET

The Department of Statistical Sciences, University of Padova,
invite you to the seminar:

TITLE
Nonparametric Multivariate Analysis
Using Fisher's Information Matrix

SPEAKER
Bruce G. Lindsay
Penn State University, USA

WHERE
Aula Cucconi
Complesso S. Caterina
Via C. Battisti, 241
Padova

WHEN
November 20th, 2012
14.30

ABSTRACT
We will show that Fisher's information matrix can be turned into a
powerful tool for the analysis of multivariate data. To date we have
shown that the eigenanalysis of this matrix, and other matrices derived
from it, can be employed in many standard multivariate analyses.
Examples include projection pursuit, independent components analysis,
graphical model fitting, covariate dimension reduction, and population
discrimination.

CONTACTS
Patrizia Piacentini <segrorg a stat.unipd.it>

-- Apologies for cross posting --