[Forum SIS] avviso di seminario - Prof. A. Fasso', Universita' di Bergamo

Maria Giovanna Ranalli giovanna a stat.unipg.it
Mer 3 Nov 2010 10:18:46 CET

.: Alessandro Fasso', Dept. of Information Technology and Mathematical
Methods, University of Bergamo :.

Monday, Nov 15, 11 am, Room 201
Università degli Studi di Perugia, Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e
Statistica

.: Estimation of the dynamic coregionalization model and air quality
monitoring
by integrated ground level and satellite data :.
Joint work with Francesco Finazzi

Abstract:
In this paper, we discuss the dynamic coregionalization model and
derive new
formulas for the EM algorithm which allows to cover maximum likelihood
estimation for large data sets with structural missing data.

Moreover we discuss its use in air quality monitoring, namely spatio-
temporal
dynamic calibration of satellite data and mapping daily concentration of
airborne particulate matter. To do this, we consider the problem of
joint
modelling ground level concentration data and satellite measurements of
aerosol optical thickness (AOT) whose availability is related to
weather conditions.

M. Giovanna Ranalli

~ Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica
~ Sezione di Statistica
~ Via Pascoli
~ Universita' degli Studi di Perugia
~ 06123 Perugia - Italy