[Forum SIS] Avviso di seminari

Francesca De Battisti (francesca.debattisti) francesca.debattisti a unimi.it
Lun 16 Nov 2009 14:10:05 CET

Il giorno 24/11/2009, il Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche, Aziendali
e Statistiche organizza presso l'Aula Seminari (2° Piano, Via
Conservatorio 7, Milano) i seguenti seminari:

Ore 10:10

Alexandre Brouste
Université du Maine
Département de Mathématiques
Le Mans, France

Titolo:
Statistical inference in partial observation setting, in continuous
time

Abstract:
In this presentation, we will introduce the problem of maximum
likelihood estimation in partial observation fractional diffusion
setting and gives some results that have been obtained recently.

Ore 11:00

Roberto Renò
Dipartimento di Economia Politica,
Università di Siena

Titolo:
Nonparametric leverage effects

Abstract:
Vast empirical evidence points to the existence of a negative
correlation, named "leverage effect," between shocks in volatility and
shocks in returns. We provide a nonparametric theory of leverage
estimation in the context of a continuous-time stochastic volatility
model with jumps in returns, jumps in volatility, or both. Leverage is
defined as a flexible function of the state of the firm, as summarized
by the spot volatility level. We show that its point-wise functional
estimates have asymptotic properties (in terms of rates of
convergence, limiting biases, and limiting variances) which  crucially
depend on the likelihood of the individual jumps and co-jumps as well
as on the features of the jump size distributions. Empirically, we
find economically important time-variation in leverage with more
negative values associated with higher volatility levels.

Francesca De Battisti
Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche, Aziendali e Statistiche
Sezione Statistica e Matematica
(III piano, studio n. 29)
Via Conservatorio 7
20122 - Milano