[Forum SIS] Seminario H. Masuda

stefano iacus stefano.iacus a unimi.it
Mar 23 Giu 2009 00:21:45 CEST

Il giorno 3 luglio 2009, ore 12.00,
Aula 22 I Piano, Facoltà di Scienze Politiche, Via Conservatorio 7,
Milano,

Hiroki Masuda

Graduate School of Mathematics, Kyushu University, Japan

terrà un seminario dal titolo:

"On explicit estimation of Lévy-driven SDEs"

segue abstract

Lévy processes serve as the general continuous-time noise process. Due
to diversity of the jump component, parametric estimation of Lévy-
driven nonlinear stochastic differential equations (SDEs) has been a
difficult problem, and no general result has been obtained as yet.
In this talk, we consider approximate quadratic martingale estimating
functions for a parametric model consisting of discrete-time sample
from "ergodic" SDEs driven by a centered Lévy process. Although this
estimation procedure does not give rise to an optimal estimator in the
presence of jumps, it has a merit of robustness to the specification
of the Lévy measure, which we may regard as a nuisance parameter.

Stefano M. Iacus
Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche, Aziendali e Statistiche
Universita' di Milano
Via Conservatorio, 7
I-20123 Milano
Tel: 02 50321 461
Fax: 02 50321 505
http://www.economia.unimi.it/iacus
Per favore non inviare allegati Word o PowerPoint se non
strettamente necessario. Si veda:
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.it.html