[Forum SIS] Avviso di seminari - Prof. Nial Friel, University College Dublin

Maria Giovanna Ranalli giovanna a stat.unipg.it
Lun 22 Giu 2009 09:02:26 CEST

.: Prof. Nial Friel, School of Mathematical Sciences, University
College, Dublin :.

Martedi 23 Giugno, ore 12
Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica, Aula 202
Università degli Studi di Perugia
.: Bayesian inference for hidden Markov random fields :.
Abstract.
Markov random fields for discrete valued lattice processes are popular
for modeling spatial data. However a complication arises due to the
fact the likelihood is difficult to compute. This talk will address
several approaches to overcome this problem. Our interest is in the
particular case where the markov random field is latent and is hidden
by a noise process.

Venerdi 26 Giugno, ore 12
Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica, Aula D
Università degli Studi di Perugia
.: Bayesian inference for the p* model :.
Abstract.
The p* Model is widely used in social network analysis. It is in fact
a markov random field model and suffers from the problem, in common
with usual markov random field models, that the likelihood is
unspecified for all but trivially small networks. Here we present a
Bayesian approach which overcomes these problems to a large extent.

Cordiali saluti

M. Giovanna Ranalli

~ Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica
~ Sezione di Statistica
~ Via Pascoli
~ 06123 Perugia - Italy

~ Tel +39 075 5855939