programma workshop dare2004

Cari Colleghi,

invio il programma del workshop DARE2004 (Data Assimilation and
Recursive Estimation) che si terrà a Venezia il 20-21 settembre
prossimi.

Tutte le informazioni sono disponibili al sito:
http://www.dst.unive.it/dare2004

--
Andrea Pastore
andrea.pastore@unive.it

9.15 - 9.40 	OPENING

9.40 - 10.30	KEYNOTE LECTURE
                CHAIR: J. STIGTER
                Data-Based Mechanistic (DBM) Modelling and the simplification of large
                simulation models
                  P.C. Young (Lancaster University, UK)

10.30 - 11.00	COFFEE BREAK

11.00 - 13.00	SESSION 1: UNCERTAINTY AND SENSITIVITY ANALYSIS
                CHAIR: P.C. YOUNG
                (invited) Hydrological modelling uncertainty estimation
                  P. Mantovan (University Ca' Foscari Venice, I), E. Todini (University of Bologna, I)
                (invited) State bounding and its relation to probabilistic state estimation
                  John Norton (University of Birmingham/ANU, UK)
                Recursive filtering and smoothing estimation in the sensitivity analysis of computational models
                  M. Ratto (JRC, I)
                Uncertainty analysis of a sequential model for flood forecasting
                  R. J. Romanowicz, P. C. Young, K.J. Beven (Lancaster University, UK)

13.00 - 14.15	LUNCH

14.15 - 15.40	SESSION 2: RECURSIVE ESTIMATION I
                CHAIR: A. PASTORE
                (invited) Dynamical displaced calibration of fine particulate matters and air quality
                  A. Fassò, (University of Bergamo, I)
                On Sequential downscaling methods for spatial estimation of production values and flows
                  G. Fischer, T. Ermolieva, H. Van Velthuizen, Y. Yermoliev (International Institute
                  for Applied Systems Analysis, A)
                State space model analysis of a radionuclide atmospheric dispersion experiment
                  B. Lauritzen, M. Drews (Risø national Laboratory, DK),
                  H. Madsen (Technical University of Denmark, DK)

15.40 - 16.10	COFFEE BREAK

16.10 - 18.00	SESSION 3: DATA ASSIMILATION IN LARGE SIMULATION MODELS I
                CHAIR: J. NORTON
                (invited) Data assimilation and recursive estimation in coupled
                physical-biological-ecosystem ocean models
                  P. Lermusiaux (Harvard University, USA)
                Data assimilation in the Mediterranean Forecasting system
                  S. Dobricic, N. Pinardi, M. Adani, M. Tonani, C. Fratianni A. Bonazzi (INGV, I)
                Reconstruction of rainfall fields by ground raingauges and radar reflectivity data
                  A. Orasi (University of Bologna, I), G. Jona Lasinio (University of Rome "La Sapienza", I)
                The TOPAZ monitoring and prediction system
                  L. Bertino, K.A. Lister (Nansen Environmental and Remote Sensing Center, Norway),
                  J.Verron (Université Joseph Fourier, FR), E. Dombrowsky, (Collecte Localisation Satellites, F),
                  J. Schröther, (Alfred Wegener Institute, D)

Tuesday, 21st
9.00 - 10.30	SESSION 4: RECURSIVE ESTIMATION II
                CHAIR: P.MANTOVAN
                (invited) On recursive estimation in environmental System Analysis
                  J.D. Stigter (Wageningen University and Research Centre, NL)
                Applications of recursive estimation methods to real-time monitoring
                in the lagoon of Venice
                  S. Ciavatta (University Ca' Foscari Venice, I)
                On-line fault detection of DO measurement: a Bayesian approach
                  S. Ciavatta, A. Pastore, R. Pastres (University Ca' Foscari Venice, I)

10.30 - 11.00	COFFEE BREAK

11.00 - 12.15	SESSION 5: DATA ASSIMILATION IN LARGE SIMULATION MODELS II
                CHAIR: P. LERMUSIAUX
                Assimilation of water quality data in a 3D ecosystem model of the lagoon of Venice.
                An application of the ensemble kalman filter.
                  Cossarini G.(OGS, I), Lermusiaux P. (Harvard University, USA), Solidoro C. (OGS, I)
                Variational tidal data assimilation and analysis of data-induced dynamical residuals
                  W. Zahel, E. Taguchi (University of Hamburg, D)
                Assimilating radar observations in a bird migration model
                  F. P. Terpstra, E.E. van Loon (University of Amsterdam, NL)

12.15 - 13.00	GENERAL DISCUSSION AND CONCLUDING REMARKS