SEMINARIO DI MATEMATICA APPLICATA (29 Gennaio)

Apologies for cross-posting,
---

Giovedì 29 novembre 2003, ore 15.30
Dipartimento di Matematica (Via C. Saldini n.50, Milano)

SEMINARIO DI MATEMATICA APPLICATA
---------------------------------

A survey on the Spatial Poisson Process, its Compensators and Extensions.

Prof. Ely Merzbach
Department of Mathematics
Bar-Ilan University,
Ramat-Gan, Israel

The well-known Spatial Poisson Process plays a fondamental role in
spatial statistics, spatial estimation and environmental sciences. Here,
we will focuse on the dynamical properties and characterizations of the
Spatial Poisson Process, using the martingale point of view. We will
compute different compensators associated with  the
Poisson process permitting the estimation of the hazard function.
Finally, we will find a characterization of the Poisson process, using a
new spatial
renewal property.

---------------------------------
La home page del seminario e' http://users.mat.unimi.it/~pavarino/sma/
Il seminario e' organizzato dal Dipartimento di Matematica dell'Universita'
di Milano in collaborazione con MIRIAM (MIlan Research group in Industrial
and Applied Mathematics) e il Dottorato di Ricerca MACRO (MAtematica
Computazionale e Ricerca Operativa) e MSSCI (Matematica, Statistica, Scienze
Computazionali e Informatica).

Giacomo Aletti, Ph.D.
Dept. of Mathematics
University of Milan