seminario

Istituto Metodi Quantitativi - Università L. Bocconi
Viale Isonzo, 25 - 20135 Milano
Tel. 02-58365629  - Fax 02-58365630

SEMINARIO

LARGE DEVIATIONS OF NON-DEGENERATE TWO-SAMPLE VON MISES
FUNCTIONALS AND U-STATISTICS WITH STATISTICAL APPLICATIONS

Yakov Nikitin
                 Università Bocconi

Giovedì, 5 dicembre, 2002 - ore 16.30
Aula IMQ  stanza n.137

Abstract . We investigate the asymptotics of large deviation probabilities
for two-sample non-degenerate von Mises functionals and U-statistics  of
arbitrary degree. We find explicitly the main term of this asymptotics. In
contrast to the one-sample case the large deviations of two-sample von
Mises functionals were never explored before. Some examples motivated by
Nonparametric Statistics are given ( the simplest example is the Wilcoxon
statistic). The result may be applied to calculate the Bahadur asymptotic
relative efficiency of corresponding tests. This is a joint paper with
E.V.Ponikarov