FW: ** IRISS RESEARCH GRANTS at CEPS/INSTEAD ** - 11th IRISS-C/I call for research proposals

Franco Peracchi
Faculty of Economics
Tor Vergata University
I-00133 Rome, Italy
tel: +39 06 7259 5934
tel: +39 06 7259 5932 (Secret.)
fax: +39 06 2040 219
http://www.economia.uniroma2.it/sefemeq/professori/peracchi

** APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTING ***
**
** Important notice: We attempt to disseminate information about the
availability of IRISS-C/I grants to a broad audience of potentially
interested researchers. We may have reached you by mistake. Please let
us know by return email if you prefer not to receive the IRISS grants
anouncements in the future. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by
this unsollicitated email. On the contrary, feel free to distribute the
anouncement to potentially interested persons. **
**

** IRISS RESEARCH GRANTS at CEPS/INSTEAD **

CEPS/INSTEAD announces its 11th call for research proposals under the
IRISS project.

* WHAT IS OFFERED

Since 1998, the IRISS-C/I fellowships offer both junior and senior
European researchers the opportunity to spend time carrying out their
own research using the CEPS/INSTEAD infrastructure. The grants cover
travel expenses and on-site accommodation, and include a stipend of 30
EUR/day for living expenses. The duration of IRISS-C/I fellowships may
vary between 2 to 12 weeks, depending on the nature of the research
project.

During their stay, visitors are granted free access to the CEPS/INSTEAD
archive of micro-data (including the European Community Household Panel
and the Panel Comparability (PACO) project data) and to the local
research infrastructure (office space, computing facilities, `virtual
library´). IRISS-C/I fellows are also invited to present their research
at local seminars and the IRISS-C/I Working Paper series offers a
platform to disseminate research output.(*)

Research grants may be provided either to individual researchers or to
groups of several researchers working on a joint project. Collaborative
projects with resident researchers are welcome.

* TOPIC

IRISS-C/I promotes topical, problem-oriented research in economics and
the social sciences based on micro-data. Researchers interested in
(internationally) comparative research are particularly encouraged to
apply. The CEPS/INSTEAD data archive to which IRISS-C/I fellows are
granted access offers opportunities to carry out research in such fields
as survey and panel data methodology; income and poverty dynamics;
multi-dimensional indicators of poverty and deprivation; gender, ethnic
and social inequality; unemployment; new forms of work/a-typical
employment; education and training; social protection and redistributive
policies; family structures and change; etc.

Joint projects are particularly encouraged.

* HOW TO APPLY

Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications
electronically using the IRISS online application form at
http://www.ceps.lu/iriss/ (follow 'Call for Applications'). A brief
curriculum vitae and the description of the research project must be
provided (preferably in PDF, PS or DOC format).

* WHO MAY APPLY?

All nationals from the EU and Associated States conducting research in
an Institution within the EU or Associated States (Iceland, Norway,
Liechtenstein, Israel, Bulgaria, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic,
Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia,
Slovenia).

* DEADLINE

The deadline for this call for proposals is September the 15th 2002.
Note however that research proposals covering any topics are accepted
all year round without any deadline restriction.

* SELECTION PROCEDURE

Each proposal will be assessed by a panel of evaluators on the basis of
the scientific quality of the project and the appropriateness of host
institution for the research project (data availability, resident or
visiting research fellows with research interests in field of proposed
project). Research proposals with a comparative dimension
(cross-national and/or inter-temporal) are particularly welcome.

Applicants are informed of the result of the evaluation within 4-8 weeks
after the submission of their proposal. If the User Selection Panel
rejects a proposal, it will indicate the reasons for the rejection and
possibly make suggestions for a revised proposal.

* CONTACTS FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:

IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD
Rue Emile Mark 44,
B.P. 48
L-4501 Differdange
Tel: (00352) 58 58 55 - 512
Fax: (00352) 58 55 88
E-mail: iriss@ceps.lu

Also see: http://www.ceps.lu/iriss/

(*) Note that the results of any research carried out either wholly or
in part during the IRISS-C/I fellowship must appear in the IRISS-C/I
Working Papers Series before publication elsewhere.

system manager.

call11_200206.pdf