AVVISO DI SEMINARIO

************** AVVISO DI SEMINARIO ***************

Venerdì 18 gennaio, ore 15,00 Aula VI

Il Professor Robert G. Cowell, Department of Actuarial Science and Statistics, City University, London

terrà presso il Dipartimento di Economia, Università Roma Tre, Via Ostiense 139, un seminario dal titolo:

A COMPARISON OF LOGISTIC REGRESSION AND BAYESIAN NETWORK CLASSIFIERS FOR CLASSIFICATION OF CAR-INSURANCE POLICY RENEWAL DATA.

ABSTRACT

Car insurers would like the price they offer to their clients for their yearly car
insurance to be as large as possible to maximise ther profits, but to high
price could lead to clients switching insurance company. Hence insurers are
interested in having good probability or classification models to help predict
if a client will renew with them on the basis of price offerred, age of driver,
and other covariates, and indeed which covariates are important factors.

I will discuss my experience of analysing a dataset of 105,000 cases of car-
policy renewal, using and comparing logistic regression models and
Bayesian network classifiers.

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Paola Vicard
Dipartimento di Economia
Università di Roma Tre
Via Ostiense 139