[Forum SIS] Seminario DiSIA: Emanuele Del Fava (Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research)

Raffaele Guetto raffaele.guetto a unifi.it
Mer 19 Maggio 2021 16:45:49 CEST

DiSIA (Dipartimento di Statistica, Informatica, Applicazioni "G. Parenti")
Università di Firenze

*- PROSSIMO SEMINARIO -*

Giovedì 20 Maggio 2021 ore 12.00

*Emanuele Del Fava* (Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research) terrà
il seguente seminario:

*Modelling international migration flows in Europe by integrating multiple
data sources*

Although understanding the drivers of migration is critical to enacting
effective policies, theoretical advances in the study of migration
processes have been limited by the lack of data on flows of migrants, or by
the fragmented nature of these flows. In this work, we build on existing
Bayesian modeling strategies to develop a statistical framework for
integrating different types of data on migration flows. We offer estimates,
as well as associated measures of uncertainty, for inflows and outflows
among 31 European countries, by combining administrative and household
survey data from 2002 to 2018. Methodologically, we demonstrate the added
value of survey data when there is lack of administrative data or they show
poor quality. Substantively, we document the historical impact of the EU
enlargement and the free movement of workers in Europe on migration flows.

Seminario proposto da UPS - Population and Society Unit (DiSIA)

Il seminario si terrà online al seguente link: meet.google.com/bmh-anmz-jms

Tutti gli interessati sono cordialmente invitati a partecipare.

--
*Raffaele Guetto*
*University of Florence - Department of Statistics, Computer Science,