[Forum SIS] Seminario 12/2 Prof. Wit

Dip. Scienze Statistiche - Mi dip.scienzestatistiche a unicatt.it
Gio 23 Gen 2020 16:28:00 CET

Dipartimento di Scienze Statistiche - Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milano

AVVISO DI SEMINARIO

Mercoledì 12 Febbraio dalle ore 11,30

in Aula Borsi

Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore - Milano

Largo Gemelli, 1

Prof. Ernst C. WIT, Università della Svizzera italiana

High-dimensional inference in graphical models

Abstract:
The modern paradigm for biological, economic, sociological processes is an interconnected, complex system where various parts interact in complex ways with each other. This process can often be modelled either by means of a random graph or a graphical model. In this talk we will focus on the latter.
Our aim is to describe general inference methods that can deal with high-dimensional systems. We show a Bayesian approach incorporated in the R-package BDgraph (with R. Mohammadi) and a frequentist approach (with A. Abbruzzo and I. Vujacic), with particular biological applications, that we implemented in netgwas (with P. Behrouzi) and rMAGMA (with A. Cougoul).

Segreteria Organizzativa:
Barbara Villa
Funzione Ricerca
Dipartimento di Scienze statistiche
Edificio Lanzone, 18
Dip.scienzestatistiche at unicatt.it<mailto:Dip.scienzestatistiche at unicatt.it>
Tel. +39 02 7234 2647
http://dipartimenti.unicatt.it/scienze_statistiche

Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Largo Gemelli 1, 20123 Milano
www.unicatt.it<http://www.unicatt.it/>

 Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to