[Forum SIS] Seminar Ismael Castillo (Sorbonne Universisté) - Padova | February 14, 2020 | 12:30 a.m.

Patrizia Piacentini - Dip piacent a stat.unipd.it
Mar 4 Feb 2020 10:56:28 CET

The Department of Statistical Sciences, University of Padova, invites
you to the Seminar:

TITLE
MULTISCALE ANALYSIS OF BAYESIAN CART

SPEAKER
ISMAEL CASTILLO
Laboratoire de Probabilités, Statistique et Modélisation
<http://www.lpsm.paris/>Sorbonne Université
**
WHEN
February 14, 2020 - 12.30 a.m.

WHERE
Room Benvenuti - Campus S. Caterina
Via C. Battisti, 241
Padova

ABSTRACT
This work affords new insights about Bayesian CART in the context of
structured wavelet shrinkage. We show that practically used Bayesian
CART priors lead to adaptive rate-minimax posterior concentration in the
supremum norm in Gaussian white noise, performing optimally up to a
logarithmic factor. To further explore the benefits of structured
shrinkage, we propose the g-prior for trees, which departs from the
typical wavelet product priors by harnessing correlation induced by the
tree topology. Building on supremum norm adaptation, an adaptive
nonparametric Bernstein–von Mises theorem for Bayesian CART is derived
using multiscale techniques. For the fundamental goal of uncertainty
quantification, we construct adaptive confidence bands with uniform
coverage for the regression function under self-similarity. (Joint work
with Veronika Rockova)

*Apologies for cross posting*

--
Patrizia Piacentini