[Forum SIS] MBC2 2020 - The workshop has been confirmed

Salvatore Ingrassia s.ingrassia a unict.it
Ven 24 Apr 2020 17:36:43 CEST

Apologies for cross-posting
***********************************

Dear all,

I hope that all of you are doing well, even in this period due to the COVID-19 terrible emergency.

I have the pleasure to confirm you that the workshop MBC2 -2020
"Models and Learning in Clustering and Classification" will take place
in the next September 2020.

The workshop aims at providing a focus on the state-of-the-art research in the field of statistical models and
learning techniques for as well as a forum of scientific discussions and comparisons among young and senior researchers
in different areas of statistics and data science. Topics concern methodological, applied and computational issues.

Due to the COVID-19 emergency, we have not decided yet if the workshop will happen in Catania (Italy), on September 2-4 2020,
as we scheduled two years ago, or if it will run through a web-platform as a virtual event.
In this last case, be aware that sessions will be spread in a some days (around once a week in September, three-hour meetings a day)
and organized  in such a way that people living in different time zone areas will be allowed to attend actively the workshop, as much as possible.

Meanwhile, dates and technical details have been modified as follows:

IMPORTANT DATES
•	June 4, 2020: Submission of a 4 page paper (a book of short papers will be published and the Latex format will be available soon)
•	June 30, 2020: Notification of the acceptance.
•	July 10, 2020: Payment of registration fee (the cost will depend on either traditional or virtual event).
•	August 26, 2020: Submission of the slides.

For more information about the Scientific Committee and the main speakers, visit: http://mbc2.unict.it/ (technical details on
the website will updated later on, once we reach a final decision about the meeting).

Have a nice week-end and best regards,

Salvatore Ingrassia

Salvatore Ingrassia, Ph.D.
Professor of Statistics
Department of Economics and Business
Data Science Research Group
University of Catania (Italy)

Corso Italia, 55 - 95129 Catania, Italy
Tel. +39 095 7537732
Fax +39 095 7537610
e-mail: s.ingrassia at unict.it
http://www.dei.unict.it/docenti/salvatore.ingrassia
http://www.datasciencegroup.unict.it/content/salvatore-ingrassia
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled.
(Richard P. Feynman)