[Forum SIS] TOFFEe workshop @IMT, Lucca, 24-25 October

Irene Crimaldi irene.crimaldi a imtlucca.it
Gio 5 Set 2019 13:35:35 CEST

Dear all,

we kindly ask you to advertise the 1st TOFFEe workshop and contribute
with your latest results on methodologies for fighting disinformation.

TOFFEe - https://toffee.imtlucca.it/ - is an interdisciplinary research
project  funded by IMT School For Advanced Studies Lucca.
The project ambition is to overcome some of the limitations of existing
 social platforms, which often dedicate little attention to trustworthy
 interactions among peers and to reliability of information. The aim of
 the project is to increase people's confidence on the data they get
 and who they follow, while minimising the risk of exposure to fake
 information and malicious actions.

 As part of the dissemination activities of the project, on
* October 24th and 25th*, 2019, we organise an International Workshop where
different
 approaches for fighting fakes will be exposed. You can
 find all infos at https://toffee.imtlucca.it/.

 We would be delighted if you could join us. The registration to the
 workshop is free, just fill the form at
 https://toffee.imtlucca.it/. We kindly ask you to register before the
* 9th of October*. The registration comprehends two coffee breaks and one
 lunch.

 Analogously, we would be delighted if you could contribute to the
 workshop with your latest results. The slot for the contributions last
 nearly 15 minutes, plus some time for questions. You can send us a 2
 pages abstract at the present email address. The deadline for sending
 the abstract is on the
 *25th of September*. We will return our decision on the *2nd of October*.

 Looking forward to meeting you in Lucca in October,
 we send you our best regards,

 Rocco De Nicola (project coordinator)
 Guido Caldarelli
 Irene Crimaldi