[Forum SIS] Reader/Professor in Statistics at Queen Mary University of London

Silvia Liverani liveranis a gmail.com
Mer 4 Set 2019 19:11:51 CEST

*Reader/Professor in Statistics at Queen Mary University of London*

We invite applications for a Reader or Professor in Statistics to lead
the School’s Statistics Group. As part of the University’s collaboration
with the Alan Turing Institute, the successful candidate will have the
opportunity to become a member of the Institute of Applied Data Science
at QMUL and a Turing Fellow of the Alan Turing Institute. Further
information on Statistics in the School is available at
https://www.qmul.ac.uk/maths/research/statistics/.

As the successful candidate, you will have strong leadership qualities
and an interest in pursuing excellence in teaching and supervising
graduate students, as well as having the ability and flexibility to
teach across a range of topics in statistics and its applications at
undergraduate and postgraduate level. At Reader level, you will have an
excellent research profile as demonstrated by obtaining research
funding, as well as a record of successful PhD supervision. At
Professorial level, you will have a substantial and internationally
recognised research profile, a track record of securing significant
research funding, postdoctoral mentoring and PhD supervision, as well as
demonstrable leadership qualities.

We value diversity and we celebrate and thrive on the contributions of
all our employees. The School holds a departmental Bronze Athena SWAN
Award and is a registered supporter of the LMS Good Practice scheme. As
part of the School’s commitment to Athena SWAN and the LMS Good Practice
principles, we strongly encourage applications from women and we are
committed to advancing women’s careers. We have policies to support
staff returning from long-term absence, flexible arrangements for staff
with caring responsibilities and for child-care support for the
attendance of conferences.

The post is full-time permanent. Salary at Reader level will be in the
range of £54,840 - £62,415 per annum inclusive of London Allowance.
Salary at Professorial level will be negotiable starting from £68,391.
Benefits include 30 days annual leave and USS pension scheme.

Informal enquiries may be made to Professor Boris Khoruzhenko, Head of
School at b.khoruzhenko a qmul.ac.uk , or Dr Silvia Liverani at
s.liverani a qmul.ac.uk

*The closing date for applications is 27 October 2019*

To apply, and for more information, see:
https://webapps2.is.qmul.ac.uk/jobs/job.action?jobID=4174
--
Silvia Liverani
Senior Lecturer in Statistics