[Forum SIS] Posizione in statistica medica o biostatistica a Bolzano

Pattaro Cristian Cristian.Pattaro a eurac.edu
Ven 1 Mar 2019 10:43:14 CET

Buongiorno,

Presso l’Istituto di Biomedicina dell’Eurac a Bolzano, stiamo cercando un laureato in statistica o materie affini, per analisi di dati biomedici di popolazione. La posizione è per un anno.
L’annuncio di lavoro è riportato sotto o può essere consultato alla pagina http://www.eurac.edu/en/aboutus/Jobs/Pages/Medical-Statistician--Biostatistician_21-02-2019.aspx

Cordialmente,
Cristian Pattaro

Eurac Research is looking for a

Medical Statistician / Biostatistician

At the Institute for Biomedicine, we are offering a one-year position to a Medical Statistician / Biostatistician to perform statistical analyses of neurological data from the Cooperative Health Research in South Tyrol study, which includes >13,000 general population participants. Data are available from a wealth of biochemical parameters, instrumental assessments, metabolomics outputs, genotyped arrays, whole exome sequencing and questionnaires with relevance to neurological and cardiometabolic health.

The Institute for Biomedicine at Eurac Research is home to an international and interdisciplinary team of scientists, students and support staff, integrated in an excellent network of international and national partners. Living and working in Bozen/Bolzano allows you to experience a unique combination of Alpine and Mediterranean culture right at the heart of one of the most exciting mountain regions in Europe.

Tasks:
The successful candidate is expected to apply a range of statistical methods and procedures, with specific emphasis on the analyses of quantitative and qualitative neurological data, to explore, estimate or test complex relationships. Good presentation skills of their work is a desirable plus. Having worked with biological or medical data beforehand will be an advantage. Working together with the lead biostatistician at the Institute, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and perform multidisciplinary applied research in collaboration with biostatisticians, bioinformaticians, and biologists.

Requirements:
· Academic Degree in Statistics or closely related discipline, at the Master level or higher;
· Data analysis skills including exploratory data analysis and model fitting
· Good command of at least one statistical packages (preferably R or Stata)
· Good English communication and presentation skills
· Ability to work in team

We offer:
· A one-year contract
· Interesting activity in cooperation with local and international researchers
· Opportunity to work in a motivated international team in a growing field
· Working conditions which allow professional growth and know-how acquisition
· Eurac has been elected among the 35 best work places in Italy and offers many opportunities in combining work and family activities
· An attractive working place in the heart of the Alps with endless opportunities for open-air activities

How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and at least 1 reference contact) by 22.03.2019 via Email to jobs.biomedicine at eurac.edu stating “Medical Statistician / Biostatistician” as subject:
Eurac Research
Institute for Biomedicine
Via Galvani 31 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: jobs.biomedicine at eurac.edu - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 500 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 599

For further information please contact Cristian Pattaro, email: cristian.pattaro at eurac.edu

Please attach, after reading the privacy policy in compliance with the EU Regulation No. 2016/679 (GDPR) and the national legislation, the following consent to your personal record: 'I have read the privacy policy under http://www.eurac.edu/en/aboutus/Jobs/Pages/default.aspx and hereby authorize Eurac Research to use my personal data in accordance to EU Regulation No. 2016/679 and national legislation.' We inform you that we will not be allowed to consider any application without this compliancy declaration.

Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.​

Cristian Pattaro
Eurac Research
Institute for Biomedicine
Tel +39 0471 055 527
Galvanistraße/Via Galvani 31
39100 Bozen/Bolzano
www.eurac.edu<http://www.eurac.edu/>

According to regulation (EU) 2016/679 this transmission is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and delete all copies of this message and any attachments.