[Forum SIS] UNIBO Statistics Seminars

Silvia Cagnone silvia.cagnone a unibo.it
Gio 21 Feb 2019 10:29:50 CET

We are glad to announce the following Statistics Seminar:

Thursday, February 28, 4.00 pm

Seminar room, via delle Belle Arti 41, Bologna

             Paolo Pigato  (Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics, Berlino)

Density and tube estimates for diffusion processes under Hormander-type conditions

Abstract

We recall some classic results on the regularity of solutions of stochastic differential equations. Then we consider two specific diffusion processes satisfying hypoellipticity conditions of Hormander type. Using Malliavin Calculus techniques recently developed to deal with degenerate problems, we find estimates for the density of the law of the solution, which we use to prove exponential bounds for the probability that the diffusion remains in a small tube, around a deterministic path, up to a given time. We then present some work in progress on asymptotic sharp estimates for the density and its derivatives for a similar, higher dimensional system.

Contact person: Alberto Lanconelli

The schedule of the statistics seminars are available at http://www.stat.unibo.it/it/dipartimento/seminari-di-statistica-2019