[Forum SIS] Seminar: Tensor decomposition for HOSVD

Claudio Agostinelli claudio.agostinelli a unitn.it
Ven 16 Nov 2018 11:25:06 CET

Hacking Day at Mathematics for daTa scieNce is a series of crash courses
(4-6hours) in special topics.

The first Hacking Day is Friday, 2018/12/07 on:

**Tensor decomposition for HOSVD**
Alessandra Bernardi (unitn)

These lectures we will focus on High Order Singular Value Decomposition
(HOSVD). We will briefly recall the classical SVD for matrices, we will
go through some applications (image and signal processing, pattern
recognition, data miming and machine learning, chemometrics, ...), and
we will present various tensor decompositions (like Tucker
decomposition, HOSVD and approximation by low multilinear rank).
Algorithms can be implemented in Matlab.

Further information are available at:
http://datascience.maths.unitn.it/events/hosvd2018/index.html

Participation is free. Please send an email to Prof. Claudio Agostinelli
(claudio.agostinelli a unint.it) by November 30, 2018 to confirm your
attendance.

Claudio Agostinelli
Dipartimento di Matematica
Universita' di Trento
email: claudio.agostinelli a unitn.it
Per favore non mandatemi documenti in Microsoft Office/Apple iWork.
Spediscimi invece OpenDocument! http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/

Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents.
Send OpenDocument instead! http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/