[Forum SIS] MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT: COMPUTATIONAL INTELLIGENCE IN BIOSTATISTICS AND BIOINFORMATICS IN LISBOA

Di Serio Clelia diserio.clelia a unisr.it
Ven 11 Maggio 2018 17:33:40 CEST

Dear Colleagues,

I am in the steering committee of CIBB (Computational Intelligence methods for Bioinformatics and Biostatistics) which is a net that organizes every year a short conference in Italy and Europe, to enhance collaborations and methods sharing among researchers in biostatistics and bioinformatics. This year the Conference will take place in Portugal (6-8 September) at the Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Caparica, Portugal. I am organizing a special session on "Networking biostatistics and bioinformatics" at the conference.  More detail on the conference and the scientific topics of the conference, are available at http://eventos.fct.unl.pt/cibb2018.

The goal of the session is to encourage a "data driven" approach aimed at developing appropriate models that provide new insights into the biomedical problem.  Since, in the big data era, the biomedical data turns out to be complex and multivariate, robust and computationally efficient statistical tools are needed to investigate complex dependecies within data structure.

In this spirit, the special session will be devoted to both theoretical advances and applications of statistical methods for the analysis of high-dimensional genetic/omics data. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

*      Expert Systems and Bayesian Networks

*      Graphical models

*      Multivariate techniques for dimensionality reduction

*      Latent class (mixed) modelling

Please do not hesitate to contact me or Dr. Brombin (brombin.chiara a hsr.it<mailto:brombin.chiara a hsr.it><mailto:brombin.chiara a hsr.it>) for any further information.

We hope the CIBB conference matches your scientific interests.

Best regards,

Clelia Di Serio

Clelia Di Serio
President of the IBS-Italian Region (SIB)
www.ibs-italy.com<http://www.ibs-italy.com/><http://www.ibs-italy.com/>
Full Professor in Medical Statistics and Epidemiology
www.cussb.unisr.it<http://www.cussb.unisr.it/><http://www.cussb.unisr.it/>
0039022643 4872 (3844)
Vita-Salute San Raffaele University
Via Olgettina 58, 20132 Milan
ITALY

Rispetta l'ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non è necessario.
Respect the environment: print this email only if necessary.