[Forum SIS] Seminar Marco Geraci (University of South Carolina) @ Sapienza - University of Rome

Alessio Farcomeni alessio.farcomeni a uniroma1.it
Mer 27 Giu 2018 20:47:19 CEST

Mercoledì 4 Luglio ore 14.00
Aula al piano terra della scuola di Specializzazione in Statistica
Sanitaria
Dipartimento di Sanità Pubblica e Malattie Infettive
Sapienza - Università di Roma
P.le Aldo Moro, 5; Roma

Titolo: Multivariate quantile contours and allometric modelling with an
application to anthropometric charts in preterm infants

Relatore: Prof. Marco Geraci (University of South Carolina)

Abstract: In this talk, I will present a novel approach to risk
classification based on quantile contours and allometric modelling of
multivariate anthropometric measurements. I propose the definition of
allometric direction tangent to the directional quantile envelope, which
divides ratios of measurements into half-spaces. This in turn provides an
operational definition of directional quantile that can be used as cutoff
for risk assessment. I will apply the proposed approach to a large dataset
from the Vermont Oxford Network containing observations of birthweight and
head circumference for more than 150,000 preterm infants. The analysis
suggests that small preterm infants with large HC-to-BW ratio are at
increased risk of mortality as compared to appropriate-for-gestational-age
as well as proportionately-growth-restricted preterm infants. This study
offers not only an approach to risk classification, but also large-sample
estimated cutoffs that can be immediately used by practitioners.

cordialmente

Alessio Farcomeni