[Forum SIS] Politecnico di Milano - Seminario L. Finos

Laura M. Sangalli laura.sangalli a polimi.it
Mar 31 Ott 2017 09:52:44 CET

Si avvisa che in data 07-11-2017, alle ore 15:30 precise, presso l'Aula
Seminari "F. Saleri" VI piano, Dipartimento di Matematica, Politecnico
di Milano, nell'ambito delle iniziative MOX, si svolgerà il seguente
seminario:

Relatore:
Livio Finos, Università degli Studi di Padova

Titolo:
Robust testing of generalized linear models by sign-flipping score
contributions

Sommario:
We consider the problem of testing a generalized linear model (GLM)
with possibly misspecified distribution. In this case, the traditional
tests lose their good properties, since the Fisher information is
estimated under incorrect assumptions. Here we present a testing
approach that is based on random sign-flipping of score contributions,
while not requiring any estimate of the Fisher information.
As long as the link function is correct and under mild assumptions,
our method is robust (i.e. asymptotically exact, consist) against
several types of model misspecification, such as overdispersion,
heteroscedasticity and, in some cases, ignored nuisance parameters.
Among the other features, the methods extends easily to the
multivariate (and multiple testing) framework, since it deals
efficiently with the dependence of univariate tests without the need
of estimating it.
Some application to real data is shown and discussed.

Based on joint work with Jesse Hemerik and Jelle Goeman

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Cordiali saluti,
Laura Sangalli

--
Laura Maria Sangalli