[Forum SIS] Seminario MARIUCCI

Matteo Ruggiero matteo.ruggiero a unito.it
Ven 10 Nov 2017 14:59:54 CET

STATISTICS SEMINARS @ COLLEGIO CARLO ALBERTO

Venerdi 17 Novembre 2017, alle ore 12:00, presso il nuovo edificio del Collegio Carlo Alberto, in Piazza Arbarello 8, Torino, si terra' il seguente seminario:

Ester MARIUCCI (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin)

WASSERSTEIN DISTANCES AND OTHER METRICS FOR DISCRETELY OBSERVED LÉVY PROCESSES

We present some upper bounds for the Wasserstein distance of order p between the product measures associated with the increments of Lévy processes with possibly infinite Lévy measures. As an application, we derive an upper bound for the total variation distance between the marginals of Lévy processes with possibly infinite Lévy measures and non-zero Gaussian components. A lower bound for the Wasserstein distance of order p is also presented. Furthermore, we investigate the relation between Wasserstein distances, total variation distance and Toscani-Fourier distance; several results connecting these metrics are discussed.
This is a joint work with Markus Reiß.

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Il seminario e' organizzato dalla "de Castro" Statistics Initiative (www.carloalberto.org/stats) in collaborazione con il Collegio Carlo Alberto.

Cordiali saluti,
Matteo Ruggiero

---
Matteo Ruggiero
University of Torino and Collegio Carlo Alberto
www.matteoruggiero.it