[Forum SIS] DSE Seminar Series (UNIVR)-March 1st, 2017/G. GAYRAUD (UTC)

Catia Scricciolo catia.scricciolo a univr.it
Ven 24 Feb 2017 08:05:13 CET

******************************************************************************************************************************************
DSE SEMINAR SERIES -- UNIVERSITY OF VERONA
******************************************************************************************************************************************

The Department of Economics (DSE), University of Verona, cordially invites all interested to attend the following seminar:

Speaker: GHISLAINE GAYRAUD (Université de Technologie, Compiègne)
Title: POSTERIOR RATES FOR MARGINAL AND CONDITIONAL QUANTILES UNDER ASYMMETRIC LAPLACE DISTRIBUTION MISSPECIFICATION
Date: March 1st, 2017
Time: 12:30 pm
Venue: Polo Santa Marta, Via Cantarane 24, Room 1.59

Abstract
We derive posterior concentration rates in a bivariate nonparametric quantile regression model with the resort of the
Asymmetric Laplace Distribution; the latter leads to a misspecified inferential problem. Applying our general results
to the Sobolev and Hôlder class along with a specific prior, we retrieve the well-known optimal (minimax) rates of
convergence only for the Sobolev class. We illustrate our theoretical results by simulations.

For more information on the DSE Seminar Series, please visit
http://www.dse.univr.it/?ent=seminario&lang=en

Best regards,
Catia Scricciolo