[Forum SIS] DEC - Statistics Seminar -September 29th

Isadora Antoniano isadora.antoniano a unibocconi.it
Dom 25 Set 2016 17:46:16 CEST

We are glad to announce the next:

*DEC - Statistics Seminar*

*Thursday, September 29th*

Bocconi University,
Room 3-E4-SR03
Via Rontgen 1 - 3rd floor

Time: *12:30 pm*

*Takis Konstantopoulos *(Uppsala University)

*Finite and infinite exchangeability*

*Abstract:  *

Exchangeability is ubiquitous in probability theory, with applications
ranging from statistical mechanics to stochastic networks and bayesian
inference. The classical result in this area is de Finetti's theorem that
completely characterizes exchangeable probability measures on infinite
products of a "nice" space (e.g., a Polish space). But what happens to
exchangeable measures on finite products? It turns out that an analogous
result hold, but the mixing measure may not be positive. We shall present a
proof of this and show that no topological assumptions are needed
whatsoever. We also ask the question of whether an exchangeable measure in
n dimensions can be extended to n+1 or higher dimensions. (This is not
always the case, and this is a problem that appears, e.g., in extensions of
statistical physics models to higher dimensions). We give a necessary and
sufficient condition for this, but we do require that the space be a
locally compact Hausdorff space. This is joint work with Svante Janson and
Linglong Yuan.

The DEC statistics seminars schedule is available at
http://www.unibocconi.eu/statseminar

Kind regards,
*Raffaella Piccarreta and Isadora Antoniano*

*ATTENTION:*

If you are a guest and you do not have a Bocconi ID Card to access to the
Bocconi Buildings, please confirm your participation by sending an email to
simona.gagino a unibocconi.it
In addition, we suggest to print, fill out and send the attached form (to
give your consent to personal data handling) via email to the same address.
In this way, the check-in procedure at the entrance will be faster and
easier.

Isadora Antoniano Villalobos
Assistant Professor
DEC - Department of Decision Sciences,
Bocconi University, via Guglielmo Röntgen 1 (3rd floor, room D1-16). 20136,
Milano.
email: isadora.antoniano a unibocconi.it

Web page: http://faculty.unibocconi.eu/isadoraantonianovillalobos