[Forum SIS] Avviso di seminario: Dupuy a DISMEQ (Dipartimento di Statististica e Metodi Quantitativi, Milano-Bicocca)

Fulvia Pennoni fulvia.pennoni a unimib.it
Sab 8 Ott 2016 09:11:37 CEST

Dipartimento di Statistica e Metodi Quantitativi
Via Bicocca degli Arcimboldi, 8 - 20126 Milano

“ANALYSIS OF MULTINOMIAL COUNTS WITH JOINT ZERO-INFLATION, WITH AN
APPLICATION TO HEALTH ECONOMICS”

Jean-François Dupuy
Institut National des Sciences Appliquées (INSA)

Martedì  11 Ottobre ore 14.00  Ed. U7  IV piano (2° piano, 2062)

Abstract:

Zero-inflated regression models for count data are often used in health
economics to analyse demand for medical care. Indeed, excess of zeros
often affects health-care utilization data. We present some recent
advances on the topic. In particular, much of the recent econometric
literature on the topic has focused on univariate health-care
utilization measures, such as the number of doctor visits. However,
health service utilization is usually measured by a number of different
(but dependent) counts (e.g., numbers of visits to different health-care
providers). In this case, zero-inflation may jointly affect several of
the utilization measures. In this talk, we describe a new a
zero-inflated regression model for multinomial counts with joint
zero-inflation. Maximum likelihood estimators in this model are
constructed and their properties are investigated, both theoretically
and numerically. We apply the proposed model to an analysis of
health-care utilization by a population of elderly patients in USA.

Si allega la locandina.

Cordiali saluti

Fulvia Pennoni

--
Fulvia Pennoni
Department of Statistics and Quantitative Methods