[Forum SIS] Seminario Alan Agresti

Claudia Tarantola claudia.tarantola a unipv.it
Mer 2 Nov 2016 10:08:17 CET

Venerdì 11 Novembre 2016, alle ore 12.30

Alan Agresti

Distinguished Professor Emeritus

University of Florida

terrà un seminario dal titolo:

Some Issues in Generalized Linear Modeling

presso il Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Aziendali dell’Università
degli Studi di Pavia, Sala Lettura, Via San Felice 5, Pavia

Abstract

This talk discusses several topics pertaining to generalized linear
modeling.  With focus on categorical data, the topics include (1) bias in
using ordinary linear models with ordinal categorical response data, (2)
interpreting effects with nonlinear link functions, (3) cautions in using
Wald inference (tests and confidence intervals) when effects are large or
near the boundary of the parameter space, and (4) the behavior and choice of
residuals for GLMs.  I will present few new research results, but these
topics got my attention while I was writing the book "Foundations of Linear
and Generalized Linear Models," recently published by Wiley.

Prof.ssa Claudia Tarantola

Double Degree Coordinator

University of Pavia

Department of Economics and Management